Today we’re feeling a tad nostalgic and paying homage to an 80s classic – the wonderful cassette tape. Loved and enjoyed by a generation, they were the source of many a heartfelt mix tape and the essential companion to recording the Top 40 on a Sunday night.
But despite the demise of this music recording essential, the wonderful world of cassette tapes lives on and you too could have them in your home again. Creative designers have bought tapes back to life in all manner of new guises.
From original cassettes upcycled to form brand new home objects, to furniture, cushions and accessories featuring classic tape designs. Here are a few of our favourite cassette tape themed home products:
1. Kare cassette cabinet, £250 from Urban Outfitters
2. j-me rewind desk tidy, £18 from A White Room
3. Cassette tapes floor lamp, £120 from OOO My Design on Bouf
4. Woouf retro cassette tape cushion, £29.99 from Find Me a Gift
5. Retro cassette tape knitted cushion, made to order for £85 from Nervous Stitch
6. Retro mini cassette tape coffee table, $1499 from Tayble
7. j-me cassette tape design tape dispenser, £14.99 from Amazon
8. Personalised playlist mix tape print, £18 from Sarah Hurley Designs