Stuck between deciding whether a wall-mounted or a floor standing vanity unit with sink would be suitable for you? If you are looking for a guide on bathroom furniture, then you are in the right place.
A vanity unit with basin is exactly what it sounds like – a piece of bathroom furniture consisting of a sink, countertop and cabinets or drawers underneath. It’s freestanding, so doesn’t need to be attached to a wall.
Free standing vanity units come in a variety of shapes and sizes, all having their own benefits, qualities and functions. Some of the different types and styles of floor standing vanity units available include:
- Single sink vanity units
- Double sink units
- Corner floor standing vanity units
- Worktop vanities
- Modern floor standing vanity units
- Traditional floor standing vanity units
Pros Of Installing a Floor Standing Vanity Unit with Sink
These floor standing vanity units with sink have a lot of advantages over wall fitting vanity units due to their design and shape. Here are some of the key advantages of floor standing vanity units.
- Provides space for storage. Being large in size and extending to the floor, these vanity units have more space for storage. They are important for people who have a large need for storage. That means can be a lot more useful than the vanity units that fits on the wall because they can store a lot of your bathroom items.
- Moveable. As floor standing vanity units have their own support and are not attached to anything they can be easily moveable from one place to another. For people who have a habit of always changing the interior of their house and bathroom, this will prove quite beneficial for them! It makes rearranging your bathroom an easy task.
- Easier installation. As there is no hard fitting involves, the floor standing vanity units are easy to install because they are free standing and have their own support, you just need to connect some pipes and the job is done. You can save money which you have spent on hiring a professional.
- Versatility. Many people have different tastes and everybody is unique, they want to make their bathroom look different too! With floor standing vanity units, this aspect becomes easy as there is a variety of designs, colours and styles available for any individual!
- Cleaning is easier. Generally made from materials like ceramic, glass and sometimes plastic, floor standing vanity units do not need that much maintenance. They can be easily cleaned with some simple household methods. They aren’t attached to the wall so they can be removable for cleaning and then back into their place again.
- Looks futuristic. They don’t always look the most fashionable, but some types of floor standing vanity units look modern with their cool design. They give your bathroom a luxurious vibe as its base looks beautiful.
Cons Of Having a Floor Standing Vanity Unit with Sink
Along with pros come some cons which play an important role in your decision. Most of the disadvantages are only dependent on your bathroom qualities.
- Occupies more space. As they are not attached to the wall, floor standing vanity units take more space as they also occupy your bathroom floor. They are not ideal for you if you have a small bathroom. Wall-mounted vanity units have this advantage over floor standing vanity units.
- May be expensive but lower installation cost. Free standing vanity units are generally more expensive than wall-mounted vanity units because they need more material for their manufacturing. The price will also vary if you choose an expensive material or a big brand.
- Stability. One of the disadvantages of floor standing vanity units is their stability. As they are not attached to anything, they can knock down with some force. They might not be a good idea for families with children as they can be harmed by the vanity unit falling over them.
- Not as stylish. Generally, floor standing units have a traditional vibe to them, they might not make a good choice if you want a more modern look but still some of the floor standing units look futuristic but generally they aren’t.
- Can be prone to damage. Sometimes water spills on the floor when you wash something in your vanity sink or take a shower in the bathroom, it can result in damage to your floor standing vanity unit especially if it is material of wood or some other material which is not water resistant.
What Materials are Floor Standing Vanity Units Made Of?
Floor standing vanity units with sinks are typically made of different types of material, each having its own characteristics. Some of the materials commonly used to make free-standing vanity units are:
If you’re looking to choose a new wall-mounting or floor standing vanity unit with sink for your bathroom, hopefully this guide will help your decision making. Don’t forget to consider the design and style of your bathroom interior and ensure that the piece you choose will fit in effortlessly.0