If you’re looking for lights for your home, then LED battens are a suitable choice for many interior needs. This modern fixture type is similar to fluorescent tubes, but uses modern technology to for a more efficient and long-lasting lighting experience.
Are LED battens worth the investment?
Fluorescent tubes used to be popular in residential settings, but were high maintenance, cost a lot and used a lot of energy consumption to run. With the introduction of LED battens, things have changed and they’ve taken over in popularity for use in home interiors.
You can use the functionality of LED battens to get creative with batten lights in your home. Here are 5 ideas to consider:
- Backlights: when you want to make a statement in any part of the home, like the kitchen, consider adding an LED backlight. You can place the LED batten behind a surface to illuminate it. This is one of the best ways of turning the room’s atmosphere and enhancing the overall look.
- Consider using it as a night light: instead of the regular bedhead, you can pick a LED batten to act as the nightlight and offer the best design statement. There are options with a dimmer switch or dimmer light setting that can help you control the mood and brightness.
- Add LED battens in corridors: to light up hallways or landings. If you have photos, art or other accessories on the corridor walls, brightening the area with a LED batten is a great idea. This is one of the best ways to show off your designs and memories.
- Installations in the living area and other areas for space illusion: when you feel like a room is short of style and size, you should think of a good way to inspire it. When you place LED battens the right way, especially on raised panels on the wall, the space tends to be enlarged visually. This means that a room may look much bigger than it is. Lighting adds a great ambiance and sophistication.
- Displays: a LED batten is the best choice when you want to brighten a display. If you have an open shelf display within the home, you can spice it up by adding a batten light. LED battens can illuminate an area and highlight key features within your home. Since you can choose the appropriate intensity, you can easily highlight your photos, collectibles, and other objects you treasure. Light gives the objects the limelight they deserve.
With the right ideas, there is a lot you can achieve with led batten lights. This improved technology allows you to enjoy the best lighting option regardless of what you want to achieve within your space. With a little creativity, you can achieve so much in your home design.
Picking the best
To have the best results, you need high-quality battens, such as Morris batten LEDs. They are energy efficient, offer bright light, are safe for the eyes, and do not flicker, plus you get the benefit of a manufacturer’s warranty of three years. The good thing is that LED battens need less maintenance and the average life expectancy is much higher, so they should last longer and be more efficient than older lighting products.2