[AD] By virtue of its landscape, Lake Como is an area that is particularly appreciated and loved by tourists from all over the world, as well as highly coveted by all visitors in search of luxury real estate.
Situated at the foot of the Alps, this location is rich in unique natural beauty, which makes it particularly desirable for those wishing to purchase luxury real estate, which is very prevalent in the area. Indeed, each luxury property on Lake Como can be adapted to meet the most diverse needs and requirements of prospective buyers.
Where to buy a luxury home?
Lake Como offers several characteristic districts and villages in which it is possible to find a luxury home to buy, each with its own peculiarities. Among the most sought-after areas are:
- Como city centre: the city centre is characterised by cobbled streets, picturesque squares and historic buildings, which contribute to a truly magical and charming atmosphere. Living in this area allows you to have everything at your fingertips, including shops, boutiques and access to public transport. However, this area can be very crowded and noisy, especially during busy periods. Obviously, the costs here are particularly high;
- Cernobbio: walking through the narrow streets of Cernobbio means hearing French and English spoken on a daily basis. In fact, the area is particularly popular with those who come to Italy in search of high-end real estate. This is because Cernobbio offers a panoramic view of Lake Como of great beauty, and a very quiet environment, less frequented by tourists than the centre, and not very lively. Property costs here are also rather high;
- Tremezzo: located on the western shore of Lake Como, Tremezzo offers a truly breathtaking panorama, further enhanced by its proximity to historical villas and gardens, including the famous Villa Carlotta in Tremezzina. This location is a perfect choice for those seeking a luxury home yet immersed in nature in an area with a very special geographical, environmental and landscape profile;
- Moltrasio: on the western shore of Lake Como there is also Moltrasio, one of the most romantic and oldest villages in the area. In fact, artefacts dating back to 2000 B.C. have been found in this area, bearing witness to a very ancient history. Today, Moltrasio stretches between small churches and charming villas and, although the leisure opportunities may be fewer than in other areas, it offers several routes for hiking and trekking enthusiasts;
- Bellagio: some define Bellagio as one of the most beautiful villages on Lake Como, its ‘pearl’. The territory is very large and characterised by a variety of landscapes and naturalistic views, but only four thousand inhabitants. Precisely for this reason, it is an area to be preferred if one is looking for tranquillity, far from the hustle and bustle of other areas.
Why buy a house on Lake Como?
Lake Como is an area known throughout the world for its beauty and exclusivity. A prestigious destination for aristocrats, nobles, artists, men of letters and prominent personalities of all kinds, Como has long had an irresistible charm.
The reasons that may prompt a person to invest their money by purchasing a luxury home near Lake Como can be varied. One of the main ones is easily found in the romanticism that reigns supreme in this location. The lake, in fact, like the whole surrounding area, lends a magical atmosphere to the landscape, which attracts and fascinates anyone who visits it at least once.
Its unique appearance, the glimpses it creates, the environment bordered by pristine woods in which to take walks immersed in nature: each element seems to have come out of the hands of a painter and only fuels the desire to be part of it and experience it every day. Many, then, are interested in buying a house on Lake Como to retreat from the hustle and bustle of the city and to live a more serene and peaceful life, in contact with nature and its beauty.
Whatever the motivation that prompts the search for a luxury home in this area, the Como area is able to offer different solutions to suit everyone, from houses in characteristic villages overlooking the lake to historic villas located right in front of the lake and many other types of property.0