Posts Tagged ‘fresh design’
Monday, December 24th, 2012
Back by popular demand, here’s the Fresh Design Guide to the best of the post-Christmas sales this year.
Many of these sales have kicked off even earlier this year and there are some definite bargains to be had in terms of homeware, furniture and electricals.
- At John Lewis, their sale with up to 50% off starts online at 5pm on Christmas Eve and in the shops from Thursday 27th December.
- At Not On The High Street, the sale starts on Boxing Day.
- The sale at Amazon starts on Christmas Day.
- There’s up to 50% off selected items, including china, teapots, coffee makers and gifts, in the Whittard sale.
- Graham and Green have up to 50% off in their sale.
- Homebase have up to 50% off a wide range of items, including bathrooms, kitchens, furniture, flooring and lighting.
- The winter sale is now on at Habitat, with up to 50% off.
- There’s up to 50% off in the Marks and Spencer sale. It’s online already and starts in store on Boxing Day.
- All items are half price or less in the Next end of season sale.
- The sale at Furniture Village starts at 9am on Boxing Day, but is online now.
- Debenhams have up to 50% off in their sale. It’s online already and starts in store on Boxing Day.
- There’s up to 70% off in the refurbishment sale at Heal’s.
- The half price sale at Sharps starts on Boxing Day.
- The sale at Emma Bridgewater starts at 1pm on 28 December for club members, and 9am on 29 December for everyone else.
- There’s up to half price off home, furniture and electricals in the sale at Very.
- Designers Guild have up to 60% off in their sale, which can shop online now.
- Lots of furniture is in the sale at Harveys.
- Discover electrical deals galore, such as on kitchen appliances and home gadgets, in the sale at Currys.
- The sale at Argos starts online on Christmas Day.
- There are lots of discounts on homeware in the sale at House of Fraser.
- The sale is now on at Bouf, with up to 60% off homeware, home accessories, decor and more.
- There’s a big sale on at B&Q, with discounts on kitchens, bathrooms, bedroom furniture and more.
- There`s 50 per cent off at L`Occitane, where you could pick up some luxury goodies for your bathroom.
- Kitchen items are reduced in the sale at Cath Kidston.
- Decorative homeware and accessories are reduced in the sale at Oliver Bonas.
- There is up to half price in the sale at Bhs, with offers on homeware, furniture, electrical items and accessories.
- Gadget deals and reductions are on offer in the sale at PC World.
- There is up to 75% off homeware and gifts at Gifted Penguin.
- The winter sale is now on at Dotcomgiftshop, with at least 40% off many items across the store.
- The sale is now on in store and online at Dunelm Mill, with reductions on items such as curtains, furniture, lighting, rugs, cushions and kitchen accessories.
- There is up to 60% off many items in the sale at Lakeland, with free postage on orders over £30.
- Liberty have up to 60% off in their sale, with some great home offers available.
- Designer homeware and accessories are up to half price in the sale at Occa-Home.
- Contemporary and designer home brands are in the sale at Amara, with up to 70% off items.
- Discover deals on televisions, home cinema systems, hi-fi’s, headphones, docks and more in the sale at Richer Sounds.
- Gifts and homeware, including candles, hot water bottles, duvet sets, cushions, home accessories and Christmas decorations are in the sale at Monsoon.
- There is up to 75% off goods at Paperchase.
- Get 50% off the autumn winter range at Orla Kiely.
- Treat yourself to half price chocolate goodies, at Hotel Chocolat.
- The half price sale is on at Boots, with discounts on electrical items, gifts and more.
- The January sale has started at Fashion For Home, with some great discounts on furniture such as chairs, tables, sofas and ocabinets.
- The winter 2012 sale is on at Fortnum and Mason, with up to 75% off many items, including Christmas decorations, china, stationery and tea.
- The sale is on at WHSmith, with up to 75% off gifts, stationery, home office accessories, computing and electronics.
- The New Year sale is now on at Wallpaperdirect, with up to 70% off a range of selected wall coverings and wallpaper.
- Cox and Cox have up to 50% off in their winter sale, including discounts on Christmas decorations, candles, home accessories and gifts.
- There’s up to 60% off furniture in the sale at Frances Hunt, plus the chance to get an extra 10% off on orders over £100 (enter the code “NYE13″ at the checkout).
- The winter 2012 sale at Anthropologie is in action, with up to 70% off items for your home, such as curtains, bedding, ceramics, glasses, home accessories and furniture.
- In the big winter sale at Culture Vulture, you could save up to 50% off many items.
- Hundreds of products are half price in the sale online at Sainsbury’s.
- The winter clearance is on at Ikea and, if you’re a member of the Ikea Family scheme, then you can get an extra 10% off all sale prices.
Wednesday, December 19th, 2012
The White Company have a great selection of products for the home and bedroom, but how would you style a bedroom for the festive season using their range?
Fresh Design Blog has teamed up with The White Company to give bloggers the chance to win up to £200 worth of bed linen.
To enter, all you have to do is write a blog post on your own blog showcasing items from The White Company’s home collections to illustrate how you’d style a bedroom over the festive period.
You can be as creative as you’d like with your post, perhaps creating a collage or moodboard of photos, and adding descriptions of why you’d pick each product or how you’d use them. When your post is written, just leave a comment below, including a link to the URL of your entry post.
The final date for entries is midnight on Sunday 13th January 2013 and the winner will be announced after the 14 January 2013.
Good luck – we look forward to seeing all your bedroom style ideas!
Fresh Design Blog’s Christmas bedroom style….
As for us, we’re currently loving silver and white Christmas décor, so would have to opt for The White Company’s cosy silver grey Rivoli quilt and cushions, used alongside the white Milford fine satin stripe bedlinen. The room would be given a festive feel with the addition of a few select Christmas decorations, such as the sparkly silver vintage crystal star, snowflake decorations and glass spun heart decoration.
For atmospheric festive lighting in a bedroom, you can’t beat crystal fairy lights, which can be strung around a picture, mirror or around a headboard.
And for scents to evoke a festive feeling, which are perfect to have lit as you get ready to go out for an evening or come back ready to unwind, we’d add the winter botanical candle, with its scent of zesty fresh orange of spicy cinnamon.
Terms and Conditions
- Your blog post must showcase items from The White Company’s home collections to illustrate how you would style your bedroom over the festive season. Do not include products from brands other than The White Company.
- You may use pictures, links and social platforms to make your blog post as creative and original as possible. The White Company Christmas Bed Competition is open to residents of theUnited Kingdom, Channel Islands, andIsle of Manwho are aged 18 or over only. One entry per person.
- There will be one winner chosen by host blogger Rachel of freshdesignblog.com. The winner will be notified after January 14th 2013 by email. The email will contain details of how to claim the prize.
- The prize is bed linen up to the value of £200. Please note you do not win the products selected for your blog post as The White Company cannot guarantee that the items will be in stock or available in your requested size.
- The competition winner must claim their prize within 7 days of notification being sent and The White Company reserves the right to to select an alternative winner should the prize not be claimed within this time. The prize cannot be exchanged for cash or otherwise and no cash alternative will be offered. The White Company reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or higher value in the event of unforeseen circumstances. Liability cannot be accepted for entries which are lost in transit or not received by The White Company due to technical difficulties.
- Fresh Design Blog’s decision and any decision taken by the Promoter is final and no correspondence will be entered into. We reserve the right to feature photographs and screenshots of the winning blog, as well as the name and county of the prize winner in future publications and publicity.
- This promotion is not open to employees of The White Company, their families, associated agents, or anyone professionally connected with the promotion.
Thursday, November 29th, 2012
There are some fab design mugs around at the moment. Whether you need a mug for work, for your morning cup of coffee, or afternoon brew, here are 9 of our favourites, all costing £10 and less.
1. Pyrex pattern mug, £6.95 from Bread & Jam
2. Anorak kissing polar bears mug, £9.95 from Bloomsbury Store
3. Queens peacocks proud mug, £5 from John Lewis
4. Mr and Mrs Pigeon mugs, £9 each from Lovely Pigeon
5. Wild & Wolf Scrabble alphabet tile mug, £7.95 from Present Provider
6. Yes Deer mug, £9 from Heal’s
7. Pantone Universe violet 7672 mug, £7 from Occa-Home
8. Orla Kiely pear stripe mug, £8.50 from John Lewis
9. Rob Ryan maggie’s garden mug, £10.00 from Amazon
Monday, October 22nd, 2012
A while back we featured the somewhat quirky and unusual Jeeves and Wooster pendant lights – aka hats in the guise of lights. Now the black hat designs are back in force, this time used as a wall light and table lamp.
The Jeeves wall light and Jeeves table lamp are both designed by British designer, Jake Phipps.
We rather like the wall light, as it creates the impression of the hat effortlessly floating on the wall. The table lamp is fun too, especially as it looks like the hat just happens to be balanced there, and the anodised gold lining shows up well in this design.
What do you think? Would you use the Jeeves hat lights in your home?
Both the Jeeves wall light and table lamp are available to buy individually from Graham and Green.
Thursday, October 11th, 2012
One of the many fab designers we spotted at the recent Decorex International 2012 event was Niki Jones.
Niki is keen to create beautiful home products using as many traditional crafts and methods as possible and this really shines through in her designs. But if you thought traditional crafts mean a lack of fresh, contemporary designs, then you’re most definitely wrong.
We particularly like the round design of Niki’s concentric cushion covers, which have a bold and modern striking design. The design is embroidered and finished off around the edge with handmade pompoms.
The concentric cushion covers are available in a choice of three colourways – chartreuse green on dove grey, dove grey on white or slate on natural linen, and can be purchased from Niki Jones.
Thursday, October 4th, 2012
Looking for a suitably sized storage jar for spaghetti?
This unusual jar will not only house your spaghetti in style, but also dispense it in different portion sizes too – clever, huh?
The spaghetti tower is designed by Ototo and the decorative cap doubles up as a spaghetti measure. There are four different openings – for one to four portion sizes – which help you measure out the right quantity of pasta you need.
As someone who always finds it hard to judge the right amount, this is definitely a useful innovation to have – especially when it’s built in to a storage jar and doesn’t involve needing another kitchen gadget.
The spaghetti tower storage jar and measurer is available from Mocha, for just £12.99.
Monday, October 1st, 2012
For a fresh design take on the humble lampshade, we love these eco-friendly felt options.
The honey lampshade - so called as the intricate design reflects the look of a beehive – was designed by Etieene Esmenjaud for Desinature.
The lampshade is made from 100% wool felt, which is dyed with environmentally friendly inks. It’s compatiable with an E14 lamp holder and can be used with energy saving light bulbs.
When the light is on, the design of the shade creates lovely patterns around a room.
The Desinature eco felt honey lampshade is available in yellow or natural and costs £27 from Tactile Interiors.
Thursday, September 20th, 2012
Could you live with this wall decal in your home?
This somewhat dazzling design (best not viewed with a headache or hangover) is produced by Domestic Landscapes. Rather aptly, it’s called Down The Rabbit Hole.
From a design point of view, it’s cleverly produced and can create a very effective impact on a wall, giving a sense of depth and the feel that you room extends out into a tunnel. In a small room, it could make it feel bigger.
As it’s quite ‘in your face’, it’s perhaps not ideal for the faint hearted.
The decal measures four metres wide by three metres high and comes in eight strips, which you have to assemble on the wall yourself. It could be interesting matching up the lines…
Down the Rabbit Hole doesn’t come cheap, but it is an intriguing design and a rather different form of wall decor. You can find it for sale at Bouf.
Wednesday, September 5th, 2012
Luxury pebble effect rug
If you’re back at work, but still pining for the beach, then here’s a contemporary rug that could help keep your beach memories alive.
The Brighton Beach rug is cleverly designed to create the effect of pebbles on a beach. It’s made from felted wool, so is super soft to walk on or sit on.
Like a beach, each of the ‘pebbles’ is different, with varying colours and darker and lighter shades of stone.
It’s a brilliant and fresh design and so effective. The Brighton Beach rug is available in two sizes, small and large, from Frances Hunt.
The rug is currently on offer, with 20% off the usual price.