Over the last few years we’ve been loving the contemporary twig style Christmas trees that have been available. They’re sleek, stylish and more minimal than a traditional bushy fir tree and a good option for contemporary and modern homes.
Lots of the twig Christmas trees are designed to be used indoors only, but if you fancy having this style of tree in your garden, on your patio or lighting up the entrance to your home, there are some lovely outdoor versions available too.
They’re a good alternative if you can’t bear to not have a traditional tree indoors, but love the style of these. Get the best of both worlds by having one of these outside your home! Being artificial they also have the bonus of longevity and should last longer than one season (assuming they aren’t subject to bad weather!).
Here’s a selection of some of the best outdoor Christmas twig trees currently available.
Pre-lit multi-function snowy outdoor paper tree
John Lewis have a pre-lit multi function snowy paper tree available in several sizes. The 6.5ft tree is fitted with 144 soft white LED lights which you can have in static or flashing modes. It’s priced at £85.
The smaller 4ft version of the snowy paper tree has 48 white LED lights and the same snow dusted branches. It’s £50.
White outdoor pre-lit paper tree
If you’d prefer your tree looking like it’s caked in snow or frost, then there’s the white outdoor pre-lit paper tree. The 6.5ft version has 120 soft LED lights and is £95.
Again, the outdoor pre-lit paper tree is available in a 4ft version, with 48 lights. It’s £60.
Prelit white outdoor blossom Christmas tree
If you’ve got space for a 7ft tree, then the prelit outdoor blossom Christmas tree is a beauty. Designed like a tree filled with spring blossom, the twig tree is adorned with 600 LED bulbs in removable petals. The tree comes in two parts and is easy to put together. This one is £150.
A slightly different design, 5ft in height and with 200 lights, is available for £80.
Pre-lit coloured Christmas blossom tree
If you’d like an outdoor twig tree to emit a bit of colour, then the blossom Christmas tree is also available in pink and blue. The pink evokes feelings of spring blossom, whilst the blue looks suitably icy for a winter wonderland.
The 7ft trees each have 600 LED lights and are £150 each.
Osaka cherry twig Christmas tree
The premier Osaka cherry blossom tree will light up your garden with its 400 LED lights. The twig tree is suitable for both indoor and outdoor use and measures 215cm. This was £250 at House of Fraser, but is now reduced to £175.
If this one is a bit big or out of budget, then a smaller 150cm version of the Osaka cherry tree, with 200 lights, is available for £63 (was £90).
Snow dusted twig tree
The premier snow dusted twig tree comes with 40 white LED lights and 101cm in height. It also has a little birds nest added in. It’s designed for sheltered outdoor use only, such as on a front porch. It was £75, but is currently reduced to £52.50.
Pre lit outdoor blossom twig tree
Very have an outdoor pre-lit blossom twig tree available. It’s got 200 white LED lights on its leaf-free branches and it measures 1.5m in height. This tree was £59, but is currently reduced to £35.
Five reasons to buy a contemporary twig Christmas tree
If you’re still debating whether or not to buy an outdoor twig Christmas tree, then here are five reasons why they can be a good buy.
1. Multifunction. Although these trees are designed for outdoor use, there’s no reason why you can’t use them inside sometimes too. So you get better value for money than decorations that are bulky and only suitable for using outside.
2. Design. A lot of the twig trees are beautifully designed with a lovely natural look to them, so they blend in well with your outside space.
3. Ease of use. If you want to add some form of seasonal lighting to your garden, but hate having to faff around with hanging lights or other decorations, then a pre-lit tree is an easy option. Just put it together, plug it in and, voila, there’s a lovely lit tree in your garden.
4. Alternative. The twig style Christmas trees are a nice alternative to a traditional, green fir tree style xmas tree. If you’re looking for a contemporary or modern option, then this form of tree fits the bill.
5. Year round use. The blossom style trees look so good that you could easily use them all year round at home or at special events. For example, as a garden lighting feature at a barbecue, or to help decorate a wedding or party venue.