Archive for the ‘Special offer’ Category
Monday, November 28th, 2011
So many shops have great offers on at the moment to help you save money on the cost of your Christmas shopping. To save you the time looking for them, we’ve rounded up this week’s top 10 Christmas shopping discount offers.
1. BHS have a ‘buy one, get one half price’ offer on everything – but it ends today, so you need to get in quick!
2. Whittard have an online exclusive of 20% off all Christmas gifts, all tea and all coffee – just use the code TCX20 at checkout. New customers can also get 10% off their order by using the code – Welcome10.
3. Marks and Spencer have a 3 for 2 offer running across lots of Christmas decorations, home fragrance and gift ideas. Plus, they’ve been doing some great extra discounts on various departments recently and special Deals of the Day, so it’s well worth checking regularly to see what’s on offer.
4. Habitat have 20% off everything (until 4th December). Just use the code XM20HAB when you checkout.
5. Heal’s have some Christmas gift ideas and home products on sale.
6. Achica has lots of great promotions running every day, often including homeware, food and gift ideas.
7. Lights4Fun have various deals available on lighting, including Christmas lights. In particular, look out for their 3 for 2 deal, bundle offers and multibuy offers.
9. Laura Ashley have a 3 for 2 deal on all Christmas gifts. Plus they currently have 30% off lighting and 25% off furniture.
9. At Debenhams, there’s up to half price off selected home and furniture items.
10. After all that Christmas shopping, a bit of chocolate wouldn’t go amiss! Thorntons have a 3 for 2 deal available on selected Christmas gifts.
Thursday, June 30th, 2011
Karlsson clock - in the sale Red Candy
Updated with 10 more fab sales! (5/7/11)
We know you love a bargain! With lots of the summer sales in full swing, we’ve done the leg work for you and hunted down the best places to bag a sale bargain online, from the comfort of your home.
If you’re keen to spend your hard earned cash on a reduced price sale bargain, or you’ve been saving up for the right time to buy an item or two that you’ve been coveting, then here’s our guide to the best of the summer 2011 home and furniture sales.
1. The online sales at M&S often don’t last long, so take a look now, as there’s currently up to 50% off homeware and other items.
2. The sale is on at Urban Outfitters, with lots of nice homeware items reduced. Some of the bedding is half price, and there are other good reductions on quirky lighting, mugs and rugs.
3. Heal’s have up to 50% off in their summer sale, which includes some great reductions on furniture, storage, accessories, cookware and outdoor furniture.
4. In the clearance sale at John Lewis, there’s up to 50% off home furnishings, decorative accessories, furniture, soft furnishings and more.
5. Debenhams has one of their famous Blue Cross sales on the go, with up to 70% off many home and furniture items, including towels, dining tables, cookware and conservatory furniture.
6. Lombok has furniture and home accessories reduced in their sale, with up to 40% off many items, including sofas, tables and mattresses.
7. The lovely Habitat has up to 30% off selected furniture and accessories, plus 20% off sofas.
8. Red Candy has up to 50% off lots of red themed products for your home and garden, including products from designer brands such as Karlsson, Guzzini and Umbra.
9. Cargo has up to 70% off many items of homeware, including bedding, cushions and furniture. All Oxo items are on special clearance too.
10. Oliver Bonas has up to 50% off in their summer sale, with discounts available on glassware, china, homeware, stationery and other novelty items.
11. There are hundreds of reduced price home, garden and electrical items, now at up to half price, in the Very summer sale.
12. House of Fraser claim to in the midst of their ‘best ever summer sale.’ Items for the home, electricals and furniture are all reduced.
13. BHS has up to 70% off in their sale, with bargains to be found amongst the designer bedding, lighting, homeware and furniture.
14. There’s up to 50% off products for the bedroom, living room, kitchen and bathroom in the homeware sale at M&Co.
15. There’s up to 50% off selected home furnishings and furniture in the Laura Ashley summer sale.
16. Discover up to 60% off a range of homeware in the Liberty sale.
17. Get up to 70% off in the sale at Ethical Superstore.
18. There’s up to 50% off homeware in the Harrods sale.
19. Occa Home has up to 50% off BBQ items, kitchen accessories, home accessories and designer furniture.
20. Get up to 70% off in the Designers Guild summer sale.
21. There’s up to 40% off, and free delivery on orders over £25, at The White Company.
22. Get up to 50% off garden furniture and barbecues in the Wilkinson’s sale.
23. Emma Bridgewater are having their ‘biggest sale yet’, with loads of discounted items. There are some ’6 for the price of 5′ offers on mugs and plated and lots of designs are being discontinued, so get your favourites at a reduced price whilst they’re still available.
24. Get up to 50% off house and home products in the sale at Toast.
25. There’s a half price home clearance sale currently on at Matalan.
Thursday, June 16th, 2011
The homeware sales seem to get earlier each year – they always used to start around the last week of June, first week of July – but many have kicked off already. The latest shop to launch their sale is Heal’s, who have up to 50% off a wide range of home accessories, furniture, lighting and other products.
Here are some of the bargains we spotted:
These rectangular silk douppion cushions are available in a great selection of colours. They’re now half price, at only £15 each.
Large chrome light
If you’re after a large, oversized chrome lounge light, then this one has £80 off the usual price.
Maxwell & Williams dinnerware set
This turqouise blue patterned 16 piece Maxwell and Williams Belle Jardine dinnerware set, which includes 4 dinner plates, 4 bowls, 4 side plates and 4 mugs, is half price in the sale.
There are loads more great offers in the Heal’s sale, so we recommend taking a look!
Sunday, December 5th, 2010
If you’re snowed in or don’t fancy skidding around on the ice in the cold to get to the shops, then now is the perfect time to stay inside in the warm and get on with some online Christmas shopping. To help save you money on your Christmas gifts, we’ve teamed up with online home accessory boutique, Sorella, to give you a special 15% discount!
Sorella have a shop in the lovely town of Hexham in Northumberland, which we visited during rather sunnier weather in the summer, but also sell many of their products from their online store. The name Sorella means ‘sister’ in Italian, which is very apt, as the shop is run by two sisters, Moira and Liz.
Sorella stocks a wide range of unique, stylish and handpicked gifts, including some lovely home accessories, and they specialise in stocking items made by skilled artisans.
The special 15% discount offer runs until 31st December 2010. To take advantage of the offer, simply quote the coupon code, “FRESH” when you place your online order at Sorella.
Here are our top picks from Sorella’s range:
Spell out Noel or Love
These lovely mango wood letters can be bought individually, but as a money-saving suggestion, why not buy the letters N, O, E, L and V. At Christmas, you can use them to spell out the seasonal word, Noel, then for the rest of the year you can use them to spell out Love (or other variations, if you so desire!). It’s a clever idea and extra value for money, as one set provides two great words.
Luxury scented candle
This large, three wick Irish Winter candle smells absolutely gorgeous – it has the warming scent of cinnamon and clove – and is exactly the scent typically associated with Christmas. You could burn it in your house in the run-up to Christmas, or give it as a gift.
Special keepsake boxes
We love the look of these special handcrafted keepsake boxes. Available in a choice of colours and designs, the boxes are all fitted with a metal spring and ribbon ties, and the spine has a handturned brass card frame with a card insert, so you can label your box.
The keepsake boxes would be perfect for storing away treasured items, or you could use them as part of a special gift.
Keep warm when it's cold outside
This ultra snuggly fleece Igloo ‘Baby It’s Cold Outside’ hot water bottle will help you keep super warm inside, even on the coldest of days and nights. The winter white hottie is made by Avoca and finished off with a cheery red ribbon detail and button on the back.
Jewel coloured cushions
These luxurious silk velvet cushions are available in some lovely shades of jewel-like colours – the only difficult part is choosing which to buy!
These cosy Bronte lamswool throws are perfect for the current wintry weather. The polka dot throws are woven in Yorkshire and available in a choice of three colours – pale grey, natural or eau de nil.
Thursday, August 19th, 2010
Lombok have a range of what they, rather fancifully, call Windlights (they’re more like lanterns to us) and they’re currently running a special ‘Buy one, get one half price’ offer on them.
There are some nice pieces available in the offer, so if you were thinking of buying a lantern, now is a good time – the second one would be ideal for giving away as a present.
We rather like the small glass and ceramic windlight (£26), which is good for using inside, and the nicely shaped oriental hanging windlight (£45), which would be great for hanging on a hook or branch for use outside in the garden. Both pieces can be found on the Lombok website, along with plenty more inspiring product ideas.
Thursday, June 24th, 2010
This year it’s the 25th anniversary of New Designers, the show that is renowned for, “Showcasing the very best in graduate design.”
Taking place at the Business Design Centre in London, it’s one of the most exciting shows of the year and will be showcasing in the region of 3,500 design graduates.
The event runs for two weeks, with nine different design zones and two prestigious awards evenings. Everything from furniture and architecture, to fashion, graphics and glass is covered. Part 1 runs from 1st to 4th July 2010 and covers textiles and fashion, contemporary applied arts, ceramics and glass, jewellery and precious metalwork. Part 2 takes place from 8th to 11th July 2010 and focuses on product design, furniture design, visual communications and spatial design.
If you’d like to attend New Designers, where you could gain insight into the latest designs and get a head start on what design trends we may be seeing in the years to come, then we’ve got a special ticket offer available.
Buying a ticket onsite at the event would cost you £14, but if you book in advance with our discount, the cost is only £8.50, plus a £1.50 booking fee – saving you £4 off the usual cost of a ticket.
Book now on 08448 480 140, or online at New Designers, and quote the special Fresh Design Blog discount code – “ND169″.
New Designers takes place at the Business Design Centre, London, N1 OQH. The nearest tube is Angel. For more information about the show and opening times, please visit the New Designers website.
Wednesday, May 12th, 2010
Blue butterfly salad bowl
This pretty blue and white salad bowl would be the perfect accompaniment for my new salad servers.
Designed by Jasper Conran for Wedgwood, the bowl features butterflies, flowers and leaves in a modern take on the classic blue and white Regency patterns.
Made from fine bone china and measuring 20cm in diameter, the salad bowl is currently on special offer at John Lewis and is reduced by 25%, as part of a competitor price match.
Monday, March 8th, 2010
Spring seems to be sprung at long last, bulbs are popping up in the garden and it’s time to give a thought to the birds.
We’ve been having a lot of interest in our bird box recently, with two blue tits spotted checking it out this week – we’re hopeful that they may consider nesting in it this year. If you want to do your bit for nesting birds, it’s not too late to get a bird box up in your garden.
This blue tit box from Dig Your Home is made from sturdy FSC-accredited wood and finished off with a nice copper roof. As well as attracting blue tits, it’s perfect for other small birds, including coal tits. It’s only £12, with no postage charge, from Dig Your Home.
They have various other bird boxes availabe too, including ones specially designed for great tits and wrens.
In addition, if you spend over £20, you can get 10% off by using the promotional code “DYHMD2010″. The discount offer is available on all orders until 14/3/10.
Thursday, February 18th, 2010
To celebrate the launch of their new Spring/Summer 2010 collections, Habitat are offering shoppers 10% off their purchases during February 2010!
To take advantage of the offer online, just enter the code ‘SS1PT’ into the discount code box or, if you’d prefer to shop in store, hop over to the Habitat website and print out the voucher.
Some of the home goodies you could treat yourself too include the Africa folding chair in a gorgeous cerise pink (£9), a set of two colourful natural handwoven Temple storage boxes (£22) or the handmade Italian high back, curved arms, Emlyn two seat sofa, designed by Bethan Gray for Habitat (£799).
Don’t forget to buy before the end of Feb 2010 to get your 10% discount.
Thursday, December 3rd, 2009
Love Eco, the ethical and eco store, are offering £5 off when you spend £20 or more, until 6th December.
There are lots of lovely home eco products to buy, including Barbara the chicken doorstop (£13), made from remnants of recycled vintage fabrics, frost-proof recycled tire planters (£20) and a 100% wool cheery butterfly belle pendant lampshade (£42), designed for use with a low energy lightbulb.
To take advantage of the shopping discount, all you need to do is enter the code “FREEFIVER” at the checkout. The offer runs until midnight on 6th December.