Archive for the ‘Home accessories’ Category
Monday, November 25th, 2013
All those busy growing moustaches for Movember are beginning to look a bit bushy!
If you want to continue to remember Movember long after it’s past, then here are some fun Movember inspired homeware ideas. Some of the items even support Movember fundraising.
Brown Kikkerland moustache clock, £10 from RiverIsland
Life is Like a Moustache wall sticker, £19.99 from The Binary Box, with 30 per cent of the price going to Prostate Cancer UK
Mr Moustache mug, £7 from Lisa Angel
Moustache cushion, £25 from John Lewis
The Enthusiasts Guide to Moustaches wall stickers, £19.99 from The Binary Box, with 30 per cent going to Prostate Cancer UK
Thabto moustache doormat, £25
Thursday, November 7th, 2013
If you need to curl up with a hot water bottle, then you might as well do so in style – and deck your bottle out in one of these delightful owl hot water bottle covers.
The quirky and colourful designs are screen printed in Cambridge by Moonglow Art. The design is on 100 per cent cotton drill, and it’s lined with cotton for extra insulation. The cover is designed to fit a standard 2L hot water bottle.
The toughest choice is which colour to go opt for. The owl bottle cover is available in four funky colours – red, purple, orange and green.
Friday, November 1st, 2013
From deep moody purple, to gem-like amethyst, aubergine and fruity plum, purple is a colour you either love or hate. If you’re firmly in the love category, then here’s a selection of Fab Friday Bargains for your home devoted to the glorious shades of the colour purple.
1. Snap up this Rykiel Maison 100 per cent wool designer sunset flower knitted cushion, for half price
2. Invest in a gorgeous grape Kitchen Aid Artisan stand mixer, for £386.10 (normally £429)
3. Bring purple into your kitchen, with a purple Spectrum Collection digital microwave, for only £39.99
4. Get comfy in a 60s inspired Kubrick wing back chair in plum purple, for £349 (high street price £995)
5. Unleash the scent of plum blossom and fruit in your home, with a Voluspa Japanese plum bloom mini candle, now just £6.76
6. Indulge in some winter warmth, by investing in a Sonia Rykiel Maison sunset purple mohair throw, reduced to £117.50 (from £235)
7. Add colour and pattern to your sofa, with an Alvey aubergine purple patterned cushion, now £14.00
8. These Devon amethyst purple champagne glasses, at only £2.80, are definitely a good excuse to buy some champagne too
9. Create a passionate purple bedroom, with 20 per cent off the purple Antoinette bed linen from Julien Macdonald’s Star range
Wednesday, September 4th, 2013
Mirror, mirror on the wall….
Here’s a contemporary mirror idea for your home that’s a little bit different to the usual offerings. This funky skate mirror is designed in the shape of a skateboard. It’s made from stainless steel and mirrored glass, and includes genuine skate trucks.
You can hang it vertically or horizontally, or simply prop it up to use ad hoc. To get you fully immersed in the skate style, it also comes with a pack of skate stickers to use as you choose.
The designer skateboard mirror is available from Groovy Home.
Monday, August 5th, 2013
We’re feeling inspired by the sea today!
Whether you’ve just come back from a beach holiday, or are wishing you were heading off on one, here are some coastal and nautical product ideas that will bring reminders of the sea and the slower pace of beach life into your home.
Friday, May 17th, 2013
Looking to treat yourself to designer home accessories that won’t break the bank? Head on over to Design55 to grab yourself a Fab Friday Bargain! Here are some of our top picks.
Get your magazines organised, with this Born in Sweden contemporary magazine rack by Pascal Charmolu. Choose between red, black or white. It’s reduced to £44.98.
Bring light into a dark corner of a room with this large stealth floor lamp. When it’s turned on, it will provide atmospheric lighting, and when turned off, it adds sculptural interest. The floor standing light is reduced to £99.
This unusual notice board by Box32 Design is made from glass, in the style of a retro TV set. The ‘screen’ can be written on and wiped off, so you can use it to record important memos. It’s now just £13.
Finally, how about adding a bit of feline bling to your dining table, with this pair of black and white cat design salt and pepper cellars, complete with diamante collars? They’re just £15.
Thursday, May 16th, 2013
Where scented candles are concerned, Yankee Candle have a vast array of products that can fill your home with glorious scents.
From sweet scents based on favourite baked goods, to fruity aromas, seasonal options and candles with just a hint of scent, there’s a candle for almost every taste.
The candles have a great burning time and the candle jars, in their various sizes, provide a safe way of burning a candle and keeping the wax contained. They’re perfect to burn to rid your home of cooking smells, or evoke memories through adding favourite scents into a room.
Yankee Candle are currently celebrating getting one million fans on Facebook and have launched a special limited edition version of their best-selling Vanilla Cupcake candle. They’re also hosting a March to a Million Golden Ticket Contest, giving a rare chance to win a three day trip to the company’s flagship store in Massachusetts.
The Thanks a Million Vanilla Cupcake candle is brimming with the aroma of freshly baked vanilla cupcakes. It’s available as a large jar candle and can be purchased online exclusively from Yankee Candle.
Monday, April 29th, 2013
If you love the classic monochrome look of a black and white interior design room scheme, you’re in luck this season. The shops are awash with some great product ideas in these simple, yet ever effective, colours.
Here are some of our favourite black and white home accessories, from a gorgeously inviting chair, to a funky clock, essential side table and unusual wall stickers.
1. Jellyfish wall sticker set, £47 from Oakdene Designs
2. Cocoon hanging chair, £299 from Very
3. Beer print, £19.95 from Snowdon Design & Craft
4. Dots round blackboard wall clock, £40 from Habitat
5. Normann Copenhagen Tablo side table, from £190 from Heal’s
6. Black two tone dinner set, £40 (usually £50), from Debenhams
7. Ceramic plant pots, £59 from Idyll Home
8. Nitin Goyal textured origami cushion, £40 from John Lewis
9. Rob Ryan design ceramics, from £18 from Graham and Green
Friday, April 26th, 2013
We love the eclectic range of home accessories and decor available at Anthropologie, but aren’t always quite so fond of their prices.
The good news is they currently have some items reduced in their sale, so here are some juicy picks for today’s Fab Friday Bargains offering.
We love the colourful swirl pattern on the Aurora glass tumbler. This special piece is handcrafted in Murano, Italy using the Millefiori technique. It’s now £24.95 (was £48).
You can be forgiven to think this is a lot to pay for wallpaper, even with the reduction – now £149.95 (was £299). But this is no ordinary wallpaper – it’s magic wallpaper!
The Hide and Seek wallpaper is by design duo, Custhom, and it’s screen printed using thermo-sensitive inks, so as the temperature in a room rises, hidden images are revealed.
So what starts off simply looking like a classic black and white design, actually turns out to be this:
This amazing film reel end table is made from a vintage 35mm film roll, reclaimed automotive gears and finished with a toughened glass top. It’s still not cheap despite a big reduction in price, but it is a rather unique design.
This striking lamp shade provides a brilliant pop of colour. The design is created using silky cotton cords which are layered and then cinched to provide contrasting colour hues. It’s now £69.95 (was £128).
Friday, January 4th, 2013
If you’re a fan of Conran’s designer home accessories, then head over to M&S now, as there’s a selection of them reduced by 50% and more in their January sale.
We love the glass apothecary bottles and the vegetable vases, with their ribbed and textured finishes. One on its own, or three grouped together, look great and it’s more affordable to buy several when they’re half price.
The ceramic wall clock, with its smooth and simple lines, effortlessly tells the time and is a great design for a contemporary home.
1. Conran medium apothecary bottle – now £9
2. Conran ceramic wall clock – now £25
3. Conran blue vegetable vase – now £12
4. Conran vegetable vase – now £15
5. Conran metalized glass candle holder – now £15
6. Conran large apothecary bottle – now £9
7. Conran bulb vegetable vase – now £15
8. Conran ribbed tea light holder – now £4
Other Conran designs, including kitchenware, are in the sale too.