Archive for the ‘Bedroom’ Category
Tuesday, April 2nd, 2013
Fancy leaving a message for your loved one on their pillow? These lovely pillowcases, with their hand drawn messages, could be a good solution.
There are four different pillowcase designs available, each featuring a simple quote message. The quotes are hand drawn in dark grey ink on a white cotton pillowcase.
The pillowcases are £12.50 each (not per pair), so you can mix and match them as you wish, and are sold by Urban Cuckoo.
Friday, March 29th, 2013
Thanks to everyone who entered our recent competition in association with Carpetright to win a double bed. We had some brilliant entries depicting your favourite bedroom items and decor and loved checking out all of the Pinterest board entries.
It was a tough decision, but we’re pleased to announce that the winner was Rachael Walton. She came up with a brilliant range of ideas for her perfect bedroom, including everything from the flooring, wallpaper and curtains, to the paint colour, storage options, decorative accessories, lighting and wall art.
Well done and we hope you enjoy your new bed!
Monday, March 25th, 2013
How can it be so cold again? On a day when we’re longing to still be snuggled up in bed, we’re rather aptly drooling over bedding.
In particular, we’re loving the vibrant colours and design of this Adriana bedding by Monsoon, which looks like it would be perfect for a duvet day.
The duvet and pillows are made from 100% cotton percale, with a thread count of 180.
All the bedding can be bought from Monsoon, where they stock the duvet in a great range of sizes – single to super king, priced from £50 to £80, and £10 for pillowcases.
However, we’ve also found the Adriana bed linen available at Debenhams, where there’s currently 20% off.
For an extra layer, the purple Florence hand crocheted throw is £90 from Monsoon.
Thursday, February 14th, 2013
Have you had enough of feeling like your belongings are closing in on you, taking your bedroom further and further away from the calming haven you desire and closer to the mad old hoarder’s lair you fear?
Stay calm: here are five tips to help you effectively tackle your clutter. We’ll show you how to hide it away so there is less on display, and make it appear like there is more open space in the room as a whole. Clutter will not take over your life!
1) Firstly, find new and ingenious places to hide away your clutter. Stuffing belongings underneath a regular bed can mean more space in a room, but it could also mean your belongings are nearly impossible to reach and they’ll act as a dust trap – the last thing you want in a bedroom. Instead, why not go for a bed with in-built storage? You’ll be able to neatly store away anything from books and bric-a-brac to linens and shoes.
2) Avoid creating a cluttered first impression by forgoing shelves mounted at eye-level, and fixing them high up instead. Shelves set above a door frame offer a great place to keep books and the like, while being as good as hidden to the casual glance.
3) We all know lighter colours make a room look bigger and airier, but you needn’t sacrifice all personality. One feature wall in a lively shade or pattern will make the room a more welcoming place to be – which could well be more important than it looking empty and spacious anyway! If you want to be really clever, wallpapering the feature wall in a slightly reflective pattern will help to create a more three-dimensional, therefore bigger, look to the room. Horizontal stripes are good if your room is narrow, as they’ll visually widen it out.
4) Let your storage do the talking. If you have a theme in your bedroom, get hold of storage solutions that fit this theme. That way, they’ll become an intentional feature of the room rather than looking like clutter. If your room has a traditional theme, look for an old-style trunk to sit at the foot of your bed. If you’ve created an oriental style theme, why not use a screen to conceal your nearly stacked belongings?
5) If clutter is a real problem in your bedroom, you can’t really ignore this as an option: have a clear out. There, we said it. Of course, it may seem like an impossible task, but with guides like the one here from How Stuff Works to help you, you should soon be on your way to the more spacious home and bedroom you dream of.
***This post is in association with Storage Beds Direct***
Friday, February 1st, 2013
Is your bedroom in need of a fresh new look? What better way to update it than with a brand new bed.
Fresh Design Blog has teamed up with Carpetright, who have a wide range of beds and mattresses available, to give you the chance to win an elegant Naples Alba double bed worth £300 (mattress not included).
Its strong pine frame will make a great centrepiece in any bedroom and will easily suit any interior. Beat the chill and cuddle up in this cosy bed.
How to enter
To be in with a chance of winning this fantastic double bed, simply head over to Pinterest and create a board featuring items and décor that you’d have in your ideal bedroom. Please ensure that you:
- Mark your Pinterest board as, “Carpetright and Fresh Design Blog Bed Competition”
- Follow Fresh Design Blog and Carpetright on Pinterest
- Then re-pin this image of the Naples Alba double bed from the Carpetright Competitions Pinterest board
- Pin your choice of other items to your board reflecting the products, décor, carpets, colours, wallpaper or bedding that you’d include in your ideal bedroom.
- When your board is complete, leave a comment and link below to act as you entry into the competition.
Closing date: Friday 1st March 2013 at midnight
For more information on the range of products available from Carpetright, like /Carpetright on Facebook or follow @carpetright on Twitter.
Terms and Conditions
- The prize is a Naples Alba wooden double bed (mattress not supplied) worth £300 from Carpetright. There is no cash alternative.
- To enter, entrants must create a Pinterest board, re-pin the Naples Alba bed from the Carpetright Pinterest competitions board and follow Fresh Design Blog and Carpetright on Pinterest
- Entrants Pinterest boards must show what their ideal bedroom looks like.
- To confirm entry, a comment and link to the entrants Pinterest board must be left on the original competition announcement post on Fresh Design Blog
- Entrants must have a UK address, to which the prize will be sent.
- The competition closes at midnight on Friday 1 March 2013.
- A winner will be chosen and contacted by email.
- The winner must respond to the email within a week to receive their prize, otherwise a new winner will be chosen.
- The judge’s decision is final.
ThePrizeFinder – UK Competitions
Monday, January 21st, 2013
With storage space being a necessity in the home and moving becoming quite frankly and unappealing and unprofitable option, many people have to look and assess ways that they can create more space in the homes that they already have.
One place where this extra space is particularly important is in the bedroom – no one wants a cluttered looking bedroom now do they? You may think that creating more space really does sound like an impossible task, but it really doesn’t have to be.
How Do I Create More Space?
The best way that you can create more space in your bedroom is by installing fitted furniture. This means that your cupboards and wardrobes are all attached to the wall, using the wall as their back. This creates more space in the room and while it really doesn’t sound like it creates much, you’ll be amazed at how much bigger the room can feel.
Not only is fitted furniture space saving though, it also allows you to use space that you couldn’t use with free standing furniture, such as small alcoves or awkward spaces. Fitted furniture is made to measure meaning that it can be made to fit anywhere and so allows you to use that little alcove for storage.
Installing fitted furniture is a great option for if you want a new feel in your room, as using up all the space can really make your room feel different without making it feel claustrophobic. In addition, if you were previously unable to use an area for storage because you didn’t have enough space for wardrobe doors to open, fitted wardrobes with sliding doors could be the solution to your problem, meaning that the area could now be used for storage.
Fitted bedroom furniture is extremely customisable both on the inside and outside meaning that if you have a large amount of shoes or trousers, you can plan the inside of your wardrobe around this. On the outside, if you like a particular pattern you can get this put onto the doors so giving your room a really personal touch.
Installing a fitted bedroom is only a small change that can give really big results. So whether you’re looking to completely transform and redecorate your room or whether you’re just looking to create more storage space for yourself, fitted furniture is a great way to do this.
***This post is in association with Betta Living***
Thursday, January 17th, 2013
The gorgeous rich and warming colours of Melin Tregwynt’s blankets and throws are currently gracing the beds in the 2013 Celebrity Big Brother bedroom.
The Roundcross Ember, Carew and St David’s cross design blankets and throws are woven in Wales at the Melin Tregwynt mill, on the Pembrokeshire coast, where woollen products have been made for 100 years.
The colours and designs are all very striking and ideal for using on a bed during the winter months.
Blankets and throws cost £129 – you can find out more on the Melin Tregwynt website or enter their competition to win a blanket.
Melin Tregwynt blankets in the 2013 Celebrity Big Brother bedroom
Wednesday, December 19th, 2012
The White Company have a great selection of products for the home and bedroom, but how would you style a bedroom for the festive season using their range?
Fresh Design Blog has teamed up with The White Company to give bloggers the chance to win up to £200 worth of bed linen.
To enter, all you have to do is write a blog post on your own blog showcasing items from The White Company’s home collections to illustrate how you’d style a bedroom over the festive period.
You can be as creative as you’d like with your post, perhaps creating a collage or moodboard of photos, and adding descriptions of why you’d pick each product or how you’d use them. When your post is written, just leave a comment below, including a link to the URL of your entry post.
The final date for entries is midnight on Sunday 13th January 2013 and the winner will be announced after the 14 January 2013.
Good luck – we look forward to seeing all your bedroom style ideas!
Fresh Design Blog’s Christmas bedroom style….
As for us, we’re currently loving silver and white Christmas décor, so would have to opt for The White Company’s cosy silver grey Rivoli quilt and cushions, used alongside the white Milford fine satin stripe bedlinen. The room would be given a festive feel with the addition of a few select Christmas decorations, such as the sparkly silver vintage crystal star, snowflake decorations and glass spun heart decoration.
For atmospheric festive lighting in a bedroom, you can’t beat crystal fairy lights, which can be strung around a picture, mirror or around a headboard.
And for scents to evoke a festive feeling, which are perfect to have lit as you get ready to go out for an evening or come back ready to unwind, we’d add the winter botanical candle, with its scent of zesty fresh orange of spicy cinnamon.
Terms and Conditions
- Your blog post must showcase items from The White Company’s home collections to illustrate how you would style your bedroom over the festive season. Do not include products from brands other than The White Company.
- You may use pictures, links and social platforms to make your blog post as creative and original as possible. The White Company Christmas Bed Competition is open to residents of theUnited Kingdom, Channel Islands, andIsle of Manwho are aged 18 or over only. One entry per person.
- There will be one winner chosen by host blogger Rachel of freshdesignblog.com. The winner will be notified after January 14th 2013 by email. The email will contain details of how to claim the prize.
- The prize is bed linen up to the value of £200. Please note you do not win the products selected for your blog post as The White Company cannot guarantee that the items will be in stock or available in your requested size.
- The competition winner must claim their prize within 7 days of notification being sent and The White Company reserves the right to to select an alternative winner should the prize not be claimed within this time. The prize cannot be exchanged for cash or otherwise and no cash alternative will be offered. The White Company reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or higher value in the event of unforeseen circumstances. Liability cannot be accepted for entries which are lost in transit or not received by The White Company due to technical difficulties.
- Fresh Design Blog’s decision and any decision taken by the Promoter is final and no correspondence will be entered into. We reserve the right to feature photographs and screenshots of the winning blog, as well as the name and county of the prize winner in future publications and publicity.
- This promotion is not open to employees of The White Company, their families, associated agents, or anyone professionally connected with the promotion.
Wednesday, December 5th, 2012
Multi-functional wooden alarm clock
This sleek and elegant cube design alarm clock shows off the beauty of natural wood.
It’s made from beech wood and looks relatively simple, but is equipped with several clever and useful functions.
As well as an LED alarm clock, it will also tell you the date and temperature and it’s sound sensitive too, so the display will cleverly light up when you clap your hands or click your fingers.
The light display can stay on all the time or, if you don’t want the clock display glowing in your room at night, it can be set to go off.
The beech wood cube LED alarm clock is well made and a fresh and modern design. It costs £27.50 from Gingko. More clocks made from other woods are also available.