Archive for the ‘Bargain buy’ Category
Friday, June 14th, 2013
This week’s Fab Friday Bargains pay homage to DIY fans.
Aldi has special buys every week, and this week there’s a treat in store for DIY fanatics, with a range of power tools and accessories on special offer. So if you’re planning a DIY spree at home, now’s the time to stock up on essential tools.
Included in the offer is:
An electric tile cutter for £29.99, which will help you cut tiles with precision for those bathroom or kitchen tiling projects.
A cordless multifunction tool, for £39.99. It includes three blades, a sanding plate (with 20 sheets of sanding paper) and can saw and cut.
An 810W hammer drill, £14.99. Useful for drilling masony and concrete, this hammer drill will help with all your home drilling needs.
A 2000W hot air gun set, £9.99 that will let you strip pain, dry out damp wood, soften adhesives or weld and bend plastics.
Thursday, June 13th, 2013
The summer sales are hitting the shops and money-saving offers abound. Joules is one of the latest stores to have launched their sale, so here are some picks of their homeware sale offerings.
Colourful deckchair stripe style bedding, now from £48.
Coastal boat design pillowcase in blue and white, now £12
Horse design printed pillowcase, in green and white, now £16.
Liven up your Kindle with a navy floral cover. Reduced to £27.96.
Kit out your iPhone 4 with a tough and protective navy and white dog print hard case. Now £19.96.
Friday, May 10th, 2013
In search of a bargain for your home or garden? Here’s a selection of Fab Friday Bargains that will save you money on great buys.
Get 20% off glassware and free postage and packing at Emma Bridgewater.
Splash out on some new china, from the new tulip mix and match china range at Whittard of Chelsea and get 50% off. Just use the code TULIP (this special deal expires on May 12 2013).
Need a new duvet? Get 40% off all 13.5 tog duvets and 15% off all other orders at Duvet And Pillowcase Warehouse, using the code APR66.
Rejuvenating your garden? Get up to 60% off selected plants at Van Meuwen, using the code VMAF111 (expires 30 May 2013).
For more home and garden deals, check out www.promotionalcodes.org.uk
Monday, February 4th, 2013
As we missed doing a Fab Friday Bargain post last week, due to the aftermath of moving house and being surrounded by boxes, here’s a Monday bargain treat instead.
Perfect for the contemporary kitchen, these milk carton style jugs, based on the design of takeaway milk containers, are made from porcelain.
Choose from the shiny silver platinum glaze jug – now £5.40 (was £18) – or pure white carton jug – now just £3.90 (was £13).
Both Seletti milk jug bargains can be snapped up at Heal’s.
Monday, December 24th, 2012
Back by popular demand, here’s the Fresh Design Guide to the best of the post-Christmas sales this year.
Many of these sales have kicked off even earlier this year and there are some definite bargains to be had in terms of homeware, furniture and electricals.
- At John Lewis, their sale with up to 50% off starts online at 5pm on Christmas Eve and in the shops from Thursday 27th December.
- At Not On The High Street, the sale starts on Boxing Day.
- The sale at Amazon starts on Christmas Day.
- There’s up to 50% off selected items, including china, teapots, coffee makers and gifts, in the Whittard sale.
- Graham and Green have up to 50% off in their sale.
- Homebase have up to 50% off a wide range of items, including bathrooms, kitchens, furniture, flooring and lighting.
- The winter sale is now on at Habitat, with up to 50% off.
- There’s up to 50% off in the Marks and Spencer sale. It’s online already and starts in store on Boxing Day.
- All items are half price or less in the Next end of season sale.
- The sale at Furniture Village starts at 9am on Boxing Day, but is online now.
- Debenhams have up to 50% off in their sale. It’s online already and starts in store on Boxing Day.
- There’s up to 70% off in the refurbishment sale at Heal’s.
- The half price sale at Sharps starts on Boxing Day.
- The sale at Emma Bridgewater starts at 1pm on 28 December for club members, and 9am on 29 December for everyone else.
- There’s up to half price off home, furniture and electricals in the sale at Very.
- Designers Guild have up to 60% off in their sale, which can shop online now.
- Lots of furniture is in the sale at Harveys.
- Discover electrical deals galore, such as on kitchen appliances and home gadgets, in the sale at Currys.
- The sale at Argos starts online on Christmas Day.
- There are lots of discounts on homeware in the sale at House of Fraser.
- The sale is now on at Bouf, with up to 60% off homeware, home accessories, decor and more.
- There’s a big sale on at B&Q, with discounts on kitchens, bathrooms, bedroom furniture and more.
- There`s 50 per cent off at L`Occitane, where you could pick up some luxury goodies for your bathroom.
- Kitchen items are reduced in the sale at Cath Kidston.
- Decorative homeware and accessories are reduced in the sale at Oliver Bonas.
- There is up to half price in the sale at Bhs, with offers on homeware, furniture, electrical items and accessories.
- Gadget deals and reductions are on offer in the sale at PC World.
- There is up to 75% off homeware and gifts at Gifted Penguin.
- The winter sale is now on at Dotcomgiftshop, with at least 40% off many items across the store.
- The sale is now on in store and online at Dunelm Mill, with reductions on items such as curtains, furniture, lighting, rugs, cushions and kitchen accessories.
- There is up to 60% off many items in the sale at Lakeland, with free postage on orders over £30.
- Liberty have up to 60% off in their sale, with some great home offers available.
- Designer homeware and accessories are up to half price in the sale at Occa-Home.
- Contemporary and designer home brands are in the sale at Amara, with up to 70% off items.
- Discover deals on televisions, home cinema systems, hi-fi’s, headphones, docks and more in the sale at Richer Sounds.
- Gifts and homeware, including candles, hot water bottles, duvet sets, cushions, home accessories and Christmas decorations are in the sale at Monsoon.
- There is up to 75% off goods at Paperchase.
- Get 50% off the autumn winter range at Orla Kiely.
- Treat yourself to half price chocolate goodies, at Hotel Chocolat.
- The half price sale is on at Boots, with discounts on electrical items, gifts and more.
- The January sale has started at Fashion For Home, with some great discounts on furniture such as chairs, tables, sofas and ocabinets.
- The winter 2012 sale is on at Fortnum and Mason, with up to 75% off many items, including Christmas decorations, china, stationery and tea.
- The sale is on at WHSmith, with up to 75% off gifts, stationery, home office accessories, computing and electronics.
- The New Year sale is now on at Wallpaperdirect, with up to 70% off a range of selected wall coverings and wallpaper.
- Cox and Cox have up to 50% off in their winter sale, including discounts on Christmas decorations, candles, home accessories and gifts.
- There’s up to 60% off furniture in the sale at Frances Hunt, plus the chance to get an extra 10% off on orders over £100 (enter the code “NYE13″ at the checkout).
- The winter 2012 sale at Anthropologie is in action, with up to 70% off items for your home, such as curtains, bedding, ceramics, glasses, home accessories and furniture.
- In the big winter sale at Culture Vulture, you could save up to 50% off many items.
- Hundreds of products are half price in the sale online at Sainsbury’s.
- The winter clearance is on at Ikea and, if you’re a member of the Ikea Family scheme, then you can get an extra 10% off all sale prices.
Friday, December 21st, 2012
Friday, November 30th, 2012
Home ideas from Graham and Green
This week’s Fab Friday Bargains are courtesy of Graham and Green, who are running a 15% off promotion on all items (just enter the code: “XS1215″ at the checkout). It’s a good opportunity to treat yourself, buy something nice for your home or get cracking with your Christmas shopping.
With a store packed full of gorgeous things, there’s plenty to choose from…
Olav white ceramic stag tealight holder, £9.95.
Magnetic world map memo board, £69
Pink velvet square cushion, £35
Ursula cable knit pouffes, £175
The Fraser owl chrome lamp base, £160
You rock my world vintage cards frame, £115
Animal shaped character cushions, £32
What would you buy?
Tuesday, November 27th, 2012
Ben de Lisi purple glassware
We love glasses that have a hint of colour on their stem or base, but are plain glass elsewhere.
If you’re a fan of purple, then designer Ben de Lisi has created a lovely range of purple coloured glassware.
In the case of the glasses, all the glory of the purple is on the stem, creating an elegant design. There’s a cocktail glass and wine glass that both work well, plus a matching glass jug that has a lovely purple base.
All of the items in Ben de Lisi’s purple glass range are well priced, but they’re even better at the moment as they’re all reduced at Debenhams.
They’d be perfect for Christmas entertaining – and would tone in well with a purple Christmas tree!
Friday, November 23rd, 2012
The UK is catching on to the US Black Friday concept, with more retailers offering discounts and special deals today and over the weekend. So here are some fab Black Friday bargains we’ve got our eye on.
If you’re looking to save money on bookshelves by stocking up on ebooks instead, or are looking for a well-priced tablet, then Amazon’s newly released in the UK Kindle Fire device is on offer this weekend.
With the Black Friday deal you can save £30 on the Kindle Fire until 23:59 on Monday 26th November. It’s the 8gb Kindle Fire on offer priced at just £99.
Pre-lit Christmas tree
As part of the Black Friday deals at Asda, you could save money on a pop up pre-lit Christmas tree. It’s 5ft tall, comes with 50 LED white lights and is now £20.
Coffee, tea and china from Whittard
Whittard have 25% off everything this weekend. Just add the code “JOY25″ at the checkout to get your discount.
Have you come across any good deals running today or over the weekend?
Tuesday, November 20th, 2012
Amazon’s infamous Black Friday Deals Week kicked off yesterday, with lots of so-called ‘lightning deals’ launching throughout the day.
Each deal is only available for a limited time and in limited numbers, so you have to be quick. We’re spotted several good homeware deals coming up today, including:
A teal Le Creuset cast iron casserole, starting at 1.30pm.
A four piece stainless steel cookware set, starting at 6pm.
Joseph Joseph colour coded chopping board set, starting at 6pm.
Kitchen Craft non-stick paella pan, starting at 6pm.
Joseph Joseph six piece utensil set, starting at 6pm.
A Tefal Vita compact food processor, starting at 8.15pm.
There are deals running every day this week – with a Kindle Fire offer coming up on Friday – so keep an eye out! And if you’ve snagged a bargain, do let us know!