Archive for the ‘Bargain buy’ Category
Friday, November 29th, 2013
Today is well and truly a day for Fab Friday Bargains, as so many retailers have jumped on the Black Friday bandwagon.
If you’re searching in earnest for Christmas present bargains, home updates or treats for yourself, then here’s a quick round-up of some of the Black Friday deals available.
* There are Black Friday deals on electrical items for one day only at John Lewis. Plus, they are price matching promotions from competitors.
* At M&S, there’s 20 per cent off homeware from 29th November until 1st December
* BHS have up to 30 per cent off everything, blue free standard delivery on all orders
* At Selfridges you can get up to 20% off by using the promo code SELF2013, until Sunday 1 December
* There’s up to 30% off in every department at Debenhams
* Amazon is continuing to offer Black Friday Lightning Deals. They run until 1st December
* There are Black Friday lightning deals on offer at Very
* Argos have a range of special Black Friday deals, running for one day only. This includes 60% off furniture.
And here are some of the goodies that we spotted:
Oliver owl appliqué cushion, now £28 at M&S
Jo Clic Clac sofa bed in red, now £154.99 at Argos
Contemporary leaf eyelet curtains, now from £28 at M&S
Rocha. John Rocha silver metal leaf bowl, now £17.50 at Debenhams
Belkin kitchen chef stand and wand for tablet PC, now £16 at Very
Brown Lola bonded leather sofa bed, 70% off at Debenhams
Street Eats Chinese wok set, now £20 at BHS
Thursday, November 28th, 2013
As part of their annual Black Friday celebrations, Amazon has been running a series of Black Friday Lightning Deals this week, where you get the chance to buy selected items at a discounted price.
With Christmas coming up, it can be a good chance to buy gifts at a good price. As the name suggests, each deal is only available for a very limited time, so you have to keep your wits about you if you have your eye on anything particular.
If you want to take part, do be sure to read how it works first.
Here are some of the home-related deals we’ve spotted that are taking place today, Thursday 28th November.
Evans Lichfield Belgian tapestry cushion – deal due at 11.15am
Le Creuset set of four mini casseroles in cherry – deal starts at 5.15pm
Breville Technique digital steam iron, 2400 watt – deal starts at 3.15pm
Kenwood food processor FPM250 – deal starts at 8.15pm
JosephJoseph Nest food preparation set (nine pieces) – deal starts at 7pm
Butler’s Grove Christmas favourites gift basket – deal starts at 7pm
SodaStream drinks maker – deal starts at 8.15pm
Lifemax automatic LED night light – deal starts at 8.15pm
Thursday, November 21st, 2013
Photographer Michael Cullen. Courtesy of Knoll, Inc
If you’re looking to buy designer furniture or home furnishings and want to browse in person, then the annual Knoll International sample sale taking place this weekend in London could be worth a visit.
The one day sale will feature exclusive offers and iconic designs at reduced prices, with ex-display and photo shoot samples available for up to 70 per cent off.
The sample sale takes place on Saturday November 23rd 2013, from 10am-4pm, at Knoll International, 91 Goswell Road, Clerkenwell, London EC1V 7EX
Saturday, October 26th, 2013
With the best will in the world, finding ideas for gifts for men can sometimes be tricky. Either they don’t know what they want, or the only thing they can come up with is way out of your price range.
If you’re beginning to rack your brain and wonder what on earth you’re going to get the men in your life for Christmas, then here are some home-related present ideas, all at super bargain prices.
From the top row, left to right…
Tetris alarm clock, now £16.09 (was £22.99), from Firebox
LG 32” Smart LED TV 32LN578V, now £329 (was £549), from Currys
Joseph Joseph retro camera design chopping board, now £8 (was £18), from Urban Outfitters
Black rechargeable corkscrew, now £20 (was £25) from Debenhams
Spanner design cutlery set, now £19.40 (was £40), from Graham and Green
Leather book case for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1” now £6.95 (was £34.95), from John Lewis
Marlin fish design key hook, now £10.23 (was £18.95), from Graham and Green
Morphy Richards 3.5L slow cooker, now £25 (was £50), from House of Fraser
Precision chopping board, now £9.99 (was £19.99), from Culture Vulture Direct
Friday, June 21st, 2013
For our Fab Friday round-up this week, we’ve been browsing the clearance offers at John Lewis.
There’s up to 50% off a range of home, garden and electrical products, including furniture, appliances and kitchen accessories, so if there’s something you’ve been hankering after or waiting to invest in, now’s a good time to buy. Here are our five top clearance picks for a contemporary home.
The contemporary design Langham sofa features decadent espresso brown velvet upholstering, with elegant dark walnut legs. It’s now £770 (was £1100).
If you’re in the market for new dining chairs, then the high backed Lydia design dining chairs, in soft quince upholstered fabric, are reduced to £69 each (was £99).
There’s a massive bargain to be had on a contemporary design knife block. Designed by Sebastian Conran, this product is reduced to just £30, saving you £100 on the original price.
Storage tins are always useful for the kitchen and this Bake More Cake set of three tins, in graduating sizes, is now half price at £10.
If you’re in need of a filing cabinet for a home office, then this Wimbledon three drawer filing unit is a more stylish alternative to the traditional metal cabinets. It’s made from solid rubberwood and poplar veneers and has a narrow, medium and deep drawer. The deep bottom drawer has a runner for adding hanging A4 files. The wooden unit is now £150 (was £199).
Friday, June 14th, 2013
This week’s Fab Friday Bargains pay homage to DIY fans.
Aldi has special buys every week, and this week there’s a treat in store for DIY fanatics, with a range of power tools and accessories on special offer. So if you’re planning a DIY spree at home, now’s the time to stock up on essential tools.
Included in the offer is:
An electric tile cutter for £29.99, which will help you cut tiles with precision for those bathroom or kitchen tiling projects.
A cordless multifunction tool, for £39.99. It includes three blades, a sanding plate (with 20 sheets of sanding paper) and can saw and cut.
An 810W hammer drill, £14.99. Useful for drilling masony and concrete, this hammer drill will help with all your home drilling needs.
A 2000W hot air gun set, £9.99 that will let you strip pain, dry out damp wood, soften adhesives or weld and bend plastics.
Thursday, June 13th, 2013
The summer sales are hitting the shops and money-saving offers abound. Joules is one of the latest stores to have launched their sale, so here are some picks of their homeware sale offerings.
Colourful deckchair stripe style bedding, now from £48.
Coastal boat design pillowcase in blue and white, now £12
Horse design printed pillowcase, in green and white, now £16.
Liven up your Kindle with a navy floral cover. Reduced to £27.96.
Kit out your iPhone 4 with a tough and protective navy and white dog print hard case. Now £19.96.
Friday, May 10th, 2013
In search of a bargain for your home or garden? Here’s a selection of Fab Friday Bargains that will save you money on great buys.
Get 20% off glassware and free postage and packing at Emma Bridgewater.
Splash out on some new china, from the new tulip mix and match china range at Whittard of Chelsea and get 50% off. Just use the code TULIP (this special deal expires on May 12 2013).
Need a new duvet? Get 40% off all 13.5 tog duvets and 15% off all other orders at Duvet And Pillowcase Warehouse, using the code APR66.
Rejuvenating your garden? Get up to 60% off selected plants at Van Meuwen, using the code VMAF111 (expires 30 May 2013).
For more home and garden deals, check out www.promotionalcodes.org.uk
Monday, February 4th, 2013
As we missed doing a Fab Friday Bargain post last week, due to the aftermath of moving house and being surrounded by boxes, here’s a Monday bargain treat instead.
Perfect for the contemporary kitchen, these milk carton style jugs, based on the design of takeaway milk containers, are made from porcelain.
Choose from the shiny silver platinum glaze jug – now £5.40 (was £18) – or pure white carton jug – now just £3.90 (was £13).
Both Seletti milk jug bargains can be snapped up at Heal’s.
Monday, December 24th, 2012
Back by popular demand, here’s the Fresh Design Guide to the best of the post-Christmas sales this year.
Many of these sales have kicked off even earlier this year and there are some definite bargains to be had in terms of homeware, furniture and electricals.
- At John Lewis, their sale with up to 50% off starts online at 5pm on Christmas Eve and in the shops from Thursday 27th December.
- At Not On The High Street, the sale starts on Boxing Day.
- The sale at Amazon starts on Christmas Day.
- There’s up to 50% off selected items, including china, teapots, coffee makers and gifts, in the Whittard sale.
- Graham and Green have up to 50% off in their sale.
- Homebase have up to 50% off a wide range of items, including bathrooms, kitchens, furniture, flooring and lighting.
- The winter sale is now on at Habitat, with up to 50% off.
- There’s up to 50% off in the Marks and Spencer sale. It’s online already and starts in store on Boxing Day.
- All items are half price or less in the Next end of season sale.
- The sale at Furniture Village starts at 9am on Boxing Day, but is online now.
- Debenhams have up to 50% off in their sale. It’s online already and starts in store on Boxing Day.
- There’s up to 70% off in the refurbishment sale at Heal’s.
- The half price sale at Sharps starts on Boxing Day.
- The sale at Emma Bridgewater starts at 1pm on 28 December for club members, and 9am on 29 December for everyone else.
- There’s up to half price off home, furniture and electricals in the sale at Very.
- Designers Guild have up to 60% off in their sale, which can shop online now.
- Lots of furniture is in the sale at Harveys.
- Discover electrical deals galore, such as on kitchen appliances and home gadgets, in the sale at Currys.
- The sale at Argos starts online on Christmas Day.
- There are lots of discounts on homeware in the sale at House of Fraser.
- The sale is now on at Bouf, with up to 60% off homeware, home accessories, decor and more.
- There’s a big sale on at B&Q, with discounts on kitchens, bathrooms, bedroom furniture and more.
- There`s 50 per cent off at L`Occitane, where you could pick up some luxury goodies for your bathroom.
- Kitchen items are reduced in the sale at Cath Kidston.
- Decorative homeware and accessories are reduced in the sale at Oliver Bonas.
- There is up to half price in the sale at Bhs, with offers on homeware, furniture, electrical items and accessories.
- Gadget deals and reductions are on offer in the sale at PC World.
- There is up to 75% off homeware and gifts at Gifted Penguin.
- The winter sale is now on at Dotcomgiftshop, with at least 40% off many items across the store.
- The sale is now on in store and online at Dunelm Mill, with reductions on items such as curtains, furniture, lighting, rugs, cushions and kitchen accessories.
- There is up to 60% off many items in the sale at Lakeland, with free postage on orders over £30.
- Liberty have up to 60% off in their sale, with some great home offers available.
- Designer homeware and accessories are up to half price in the sale at Occa-Home.
- Contemporary and designer home brands are in the sale at Amara, with up to 70% off items.
- Discover deals on televisions, home cinema systems, hi-fi’s, headphones, docks and more in the sale at Richer Sounds.
- Gifts and homeware, including candles, hot water bottles, duvet sets, cushions, home accessories and Christmas decorations are in the sale at Monsoon.
- There is up to 75% off goods at Paperchase.
- Get 50% off the autumn winter range at Orla Kiely.
- Treat yourself to half price chocolate goodies, at Hotel Chocolat.
- The half price sale is on at Boots, with discounts on electrical items, gifts and more.
- The January sale has started at Fashion For Home, with some great discounts on furniture such as chairs, tables, sofas and ocabinets.
- The winter 2012 sale is on at Fortnum and Mason, with up to 75% off many items, including Christmas decorations, china, stationery and tea.
- The sale is on at WHSmith, with up to 75% off gifts, stationery, home office accessories, computing and electronics.
- The New Year sale is now on at Wallpaperdirect, with up to 70% off a range of selected wall coverings and wallpaper.
- Cox and Cox have up to 50% off in their winter sale, including discounts on Christmas decorations, candles, home accessories and gifts.
- There’s up to 60% off furniture in the sale at Frances Hunt, plus the chance to get an extra 10% off on orders over £100 (enter the code “NYE13″ at the checkout).
- The winter 2012 sale at Anthropologie is in action, with up to 70% off items for your home, such as curtains, bedding, ceramics, glasses, home accessories and furniture.
- In the big winter sale at Culture Vulture, you could save up to 50% off many items.
- Hundreds of products are half price in the sale online at Sainsbury’s.
- The winter clearance is on at Ikea and, if you’re a member of the Ikea Family scheme, then you can get an extra 10% off all sale prices.