Here at Fresh Design, we’re all about new ideas, contemporary design and taking a different perspective. But we also like things to literally look and smell fresh too – clean, light, airy and scented. We’ve picked out our top ten accessories for a fresher home.
1. Reed diffuser in fresh linen fragrence, Dartington Crystal
This pretty, flower-embossed bottle comes with fresh linen fragrance and a pack of diffusing reeds. It would look great on a windowsill, where the light can pick out the clear turquoise colour. Available from Dartington Crystal, priced at £35. A range of other fragrances is available.
2. Container candle in fresh linen fragrance, Sevenoaks Candle Company
Handmade in Sevenoaks, Kent, from 100% soybean wax, this candle comes in a range of three sizes and burns with the scent of clean, freshly-laundered washing. Available from the Sevenoaks Candle Company, these candles come in a range of fragrances and cost from £4 to £8.50.
3. Candle tin in fresh apple fragrance, the Thoughtful Gardener
This pretty candle tin by the Thoughtful Gardener is decorated with vintage-style script and illustrations and burns for around 45 hours with a delicate floral scent. Hand poured in Sussex, it measures 78 mm by 67 mm and costs £10 from Quince Living.
4. Candle in fresh cut grass fragrance, Sophie Allport
This hand-poured candle is made in England using high quality mineral wax to achieve a long, clean and even burn, releasing the light, summery aroma of freshly cut green grass on a hot day. The candles are available in a range of other fragrances, and cost £20 from Sophie Allport.
5. Scented pendant in clean cotton fragrance, Forever Scented
Here’s a quirky, unusual take on a room-scenting candle. This pendant contains scented wax in a choice of fragrances, and can be hung in cupboards or slipped onto shelves to perfume the room. It’s an easy, no-mess option – just remember not to leave it anywhere too warm! £10, available from Forever Scented.
6. Votive candle in cut grass and jasmine fragrance, Liberty Spring
This glass votive candle has a printed patterned outer and comes in three different summery fragrances, including this fresh cut grass and jasmine scent. £14 each, available from Berry Red.
7. Scented reed diffuser in green tea and bamboo fragrance, Little Mill House
8. Citrus bergamia candle, Kenneth Turner
9. Candle tin in The Orangery fragrance, Plum & Ivory
This neat little candle tin is great for travelling as well as for scenting your own home. Available in two different scents, The Lodge and The Orangery, we love the citrussy fruit fragrance of grapefruit, white nectarine, jasmine and orange blossom in The Orangery version. £8.95, available from Plum & Ivory.
10. Candle tin in cool cucumber fragrance, Kiss Air Candles
This candle tin with its refreshing aroma of cucumber, violets and honeydew melon is the perfect partner for a fresher bathroom. It’s handmade in Cambridgeshire, burns for between 25 and 30 hours and costs £8.50 from Kiss Air Candles.