Home accessories and furniture made from wire have been abundant for a while. Partly influenced by the industrial home trend and partly by vintage style pieces, wire designs can be simple or elaborate, practical or elegant and offer plenty of textural interest for a contemporary home.
Here are six of our favourite designs made from wire.
1. The industrial style wire wall rack provides useful storage space for displaying accessories or practical space for storing stationery, such as envelopes, paper and letters. It’s sold by Graham and Green.
2. Doesn’t this wire side table look effective? The Danish designed powder coated iron base is actually a basket and, although it’s topped with solid oak, that can be removed if you want to store things inside or change its use completely. The wire basket table is available from Holly’s House.
3. Boasting both a practical design and an affordable price tag, the round metal wire baskets can be folded flat when they’re not in use. They’re available in two sizes and are sold by H&M.
4. If you like your wire coloured, then the large storage basket is available in pale pink, neon coral, white or grey. It’s available from Berylune.
5. If you fancy a new fruit bowl or want a basket to serve bread rolls in when you’re entertaining, then this large wire basket is a good option. The chunky design is complimented with a useful handle, making it good for alfresco summer dining. It’s from Drift Living.
6. A lovely contemporary design, the wire fruit bowl is made using a single piece of powder coated steel wire that is sculptured into a bowl shape. It’s available in white, black or a lively green and can be purchased from Block.