What does cobalt blue mean to you? For us, it’s the colour of deep blue seas and clear blue skies. It evokes happy memories of warm days and summer vacations. It’s a colour that can be warming, yet soothing, enveloping you in a feeling of comfort.
Comfort is always a good feeling to have in your home. The colour can be used in a variety of ways and works as a interior decor theme for many rooms. Typically, blue is often used in bathrooms, but it can be a soothing shade for a bedroom too. Team blue with a soft cream for a balanced, calming and contemporary look.
To get you started, here are some ideas for using shades of cobalt blue in your decor. From rich wall paint and stunning wallpaper, to wall tiles, rugs and decorative accessories.
1. Water Street blue paint, £30 from Graham and Brown
2. Cobalt blue ocean cushion, £20.98 from Etsy
3. Blue handmade wool rug, £950 from Heal’s
4. Memory lane destination framed crossword print, £49.95 from The Poetry Studio
5. Designers Guild Savine wallpaper in cobalt blue, £83 per roll from Wallpaper Direct
6. KitchenAid stand mixer in cobalt blue, reduced to £386.10 (was £429) at House of Fraser
7. Jan Constantine blue iPad case, £40 from Lisa Angel Homeware and Gifts
8. Rina cobalt blue tiles, £30 per box from Topps Tiles
9. Cobalt blue mohair-blend throw, £99 fromLiberty
10. Linen union grasshopper tea towel, £8.50 from Warbeck & Cox
11. LSA Cirro flared vase in cobalt blue, £40 from John Lewis
12. Inspiro Coupe plates, £18 each from Sarah Taylor