After all the frantic Christmas buying comes the post-Christmas sales – although this year (perhaps helped along by the snow and the inability to guarantee online deliveries in time for Christmas) a lot of the sales have started already.
It’s a great opportunity to save money on essentials, treat yourself to something special, stock up on presents for the coming year or give your home a new look for the new year. As our sale round-up post last year proved so popular, we’ve done it again and put together 30 of the best places to bag sale bargains online this year.
By shopping online, you can often get access to sale bargains before instore shoppers, as sales start earlier, and you don’t have to brave the cold or the crowds either.
Happy shopping and hope you bag some great bargains!
1. The John Lewis sale starts online from 5pm on Christmas Eve, and in store from 27 December. In the meantime, you can get a clearance preview here.
2. The Christmas sale starts online at Debenhams on 23rd December and in store on Boxing Day. Discounts of up to 70% off are expected.
3. The House of Fraser up to 50% off sale starts online on Christmas Eve and in store on Boxing Day. From 31 December, the reductions are expected to rise to up to 70% off.
4. The January sale at Bouf, with up to 60% off selected brands, runs from 27 December to 15 January 2011.
5. The sale at Lombok, with up to 30% off furniture and home accessories, has started and runs until 24 January.
6. The January sale at Homebase has started earlier, with up to 50% off a wide range of items. If you spend over £150 before 24 December, you can also get an extra 15% off.
7. At Habitat, their sale has 20% off selected furniture and upholstery, until 26th January 2011.
8. The winter sale at Wickes has up to 50% off a range of products, including big home purchases, such as kitchens and bathrooms. You can also get an extra 15% off if you buy before 3 January 2011.
9. The Selfridges winter sale with up to 75% off starts online on Christmas Day and in store on Boxing Day.
10. At Monsoon, you can get up to 30% off homeware and home accessories when their sale starts online and in stores on Boxing Day. The discounts are expected to increase.
11. Argos has been running some special pre-Christmas sale deals, but kicks off its end of catalogue sale online on Christmas Day and in-store on Boxing Day.
12. Bhs has up to 50% off in their sale and a free delivery offer on spends of over £10.
13. The sale preview at the lovely NotOnTheHighStreet starts on Boxing Day.
14. The furniture sale at Heal’s, with up to 50% off, has already started. The rest of the Heal’s sale begins online on Christmas Day.
15. The sale at Urban Outfitters is online and instore now.
16. There’s currently up to 50% off in the sale at Oliver Bonas.
17. The Matalan sale, with up to 50% off homeware, starts online on Christmas Day and in store on Boxing Day.
18. At Laura Ashley, their sale has already started – there’s up to 50% off selected home, furniture and upholstery, plus up to 25% off made-to-measure curtains and blinds.
19. The Marks and Spencer sale starts online on Christmas Eve.
20. Rumour has it that the Next sale starts at 5am on 27th December.
21. H&M, which now sell a small range of home items online, currently has up to 50% off items, such as cushions, throws and curtains.
22. The up to 50% off sale preview at Designers Guild can now be viewed online.
23. I Want One of Those has up to 50% off in their sale, which is live online now.
24. If electrical items are on your wish list, then the sale at Robert Dyas has up to 50% off home electrical products, such as kettles, toasters, coffee makers and vacuum cleaners.
25. The sale at Terry’s Fabrics starts online on Christmas Eve.
26. If you’re keen to have a new bathroom, then the Next Bathroom sale has started and has savings of up to £300 on bathroom suites and up to £400 on ensuites.
27. The winter sale is now on at Leekes.
28. The up to 75% off sale starts at Whsmith on 22 December and in store on Boxing Day.
29. The DotComGiftShop ‘January’ sale was due to start on 24 December, but has kicked off early.
30. Bloomsbury & Co have up to 50% off in their sale, which includes home accessories, furniture and interiors.
And as a final extra, The Conran Shop have been in touch to let us know that their sale starts on Boxing Day. However, you can get a special online preview from 3pm on Christmas Eve.